Joshua, Lawyer
Experience:  LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice
35043042

Dispute regarding Infringement of copyright--- I have been

Customer Question

Dispute regarding Infringement of copyright--- I have been accused of copying a piece of jewellery (silver bangle) I am a small retail jeweller. I have never sold or copyed such Items. I have received a letter from a solicitor and a undertaking wich is very severe
Expert:  Joshua replied 3 years ago.

Josh-2010 :

Thanks for your question. Please kindly RATE my answer when you are satisfied

Josh-2010 :

Have they sent you evidence of the item you are alleged to have copied please?

Josh-2010 :

If so do you agree it is the same as the item you created?

JACUSTOMER-05jb2hjq- :

I did not sell the Item . I told here to go to an artisan jewellery maker, she did ,he made the bangle of a picture. she complemented me on facebook

JACUSTOMER-05jb2hjq- :

They have sent a photo of the bangle, they make and it is similar to thers

Josh-2010 :

Thanks. "I told here to go to an artisan jewellery maker, she did ,he made the bangle of a picture. she complemented me on facebook" Who are the individuals you refer to here please?

JACUSTOMER-05jb2hjq- :

customers who came into my shop

Josh-2010 :

Thanks. So is it you that has been accused of copying or one of your customers?

JACUSTOMER-05jb2hjq- :

It is me accused of copying and making the bangle

Josh-2010 :

Thanks. From what you say you did not make it but someone else did?

JACUSTOMER-05jb2hjq- :

Yes , it was made by someone else ,a friend (artisan jeweller) of a brocher

Josh-2010 :

I see. On that basis you cannot possibly be liable for breach of copyright any you need not even concern yourself with or address whether a breach of copyright has taken place.

Josh-2010 :

Would you like me to draft a letter for you to consider using or adapting for a response?

JACUSTOMER-05jb2hjq- :

Yes please

Josh-2010 :

Certainly....

Josh-2010 :

[DATE]
Dear Sirs
RE: [REFERENCE]
Thank you for your letter dated [DATE] the contents of which I am surprised to note.

I have neither made nor sold an item of jewelry matching the description to which you refer and I would respectfully suggest you have addressed your letter to the wrong individual.

Accordingly I deny any indebtedness to your client and and breach of inter alia the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988 nor under any other common law or other statutory provision.

I would respectfully suggest you reconsider your position and checking the facts of your clients case carefully and consider readdressing your letter to the correct individual concerned.

I should be grateful to receive your confirmation that your letter has been sent in error and that we may consider the matter between us settled.

Yours

Josh-2010 :

Does the above answer all your questions or is there anything I can clarify or help with any further?

Josh-2010 :

If you have no further questions for now I should be very grateful if you would kindly take a moment to rate my service to you today. Your feedback is important to me. If there is anything else I can help with though please reply back to me though.

Expert:  Joshua replied 3 years ago.
Hellow. I understand you were having difficulties with viewing the chat window. My apologies for any inconvenience experienced - I have switched to a different format. Are you able to read the above?

Plese let me know if there is anything you would like me to repost?

Expert:  Joshua replied 3 years ago.