12826847

I was living in France with my husband and four children, I

Customer Question

I was living in France with my husband and four children, I am originally Filipino but have been a british citizen (20 years). My husband who is British hardly every worked and I work all the time as a cleaner, or any work that I can get, for him and our four children. I have done this for all of our married life. We went to France to live because my husband wanted to and he thought he would get some work but he didn't. Then two years ago when in France as a family we had accrued many debts I had managed to get two very good jobs and started to pay the debts that were all in my name because he wasn't earning any money, and therefore couldn't get a loan, but he made me get them. My husband said that he wanted to go back to the UK with the children and get a goverment rented house, he said that I should stay in France and work to help pay the bills and then at the end of the season join him and the children in the UK, this was very difficult but I did this with a few visits to them, but one day when I arrived he had a man meet me who served me with divorce papers. He told me he was divorcing me and keeping the children. we went to counselling and that didn't work out. he then said he has another woman. I applied for me to have the children, but I could not afford a house, so he has the children and all of the benefits, the final hearing is soon and it looks like he is keeping all four children because he has them and the house already. He tricked me out of the children for the sake of the house and the money and now I have no house and no hope of ever affording a house, not a lot of money because I am still paying all the family bills in France - and worst of all nowhere to bring my children during the times when the court says I can have them. He is threatening me that he will take me to court again and make me pay him money for the children as well. My English language skills are a little limited and my understanding of the English legal system is not good. I am asking my friend to write to you on my behalf. Thank you XXXXX XXXXXinger.
Thank you for your question
I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
How old are the children?
Can you get a job back here in the UK?
Claire