Joshua, Lawyer
Experience:  LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice
35043042

Problem with pay-pal(is it a uk/eu bank) freezing account in

Customer Question

Problem with pay-pal(is it a uk/eu bank) freezing account in credit due to selling more than
£1900 in one year under money laundering law eu.
One does not think it wise to send details of Driving licence,passport,id card on-line
as it is probably a scam,by a company not paying income tax itself.
Ebay has asked for payment and my bank has refused and will report the matter, they have
stated they have had problems with pay-pal but are unable to comment.
One can buy as much as possible through ebay,but selling is made up as they go along.
Expert:  Joshua replied 3 years ago.

Josh-2010 :

Thanks for your question. Please kindly RATE my answer when you are satisfied

Josh-2010 :

May I calrify that Paypal have frozen your account until you confirm your identity please?

Josh-2010 :

If this is correct how may I help you with this?

JACUSTOMER-surcvz7j- :

Yes this is the case,if one were money laundering it would be more than £1900 and one would have moved all the money in pay-pal

JACUSTOMER-surcvz7j- :

to the bank account before reaching the limit.Actual limit i obtained was £7500 per year to "sell" which would be about £1900

JACUSTOMER-surcvz7j- :

per 3 month return if set up as a business.Also stated is the funds are held for 180 days,so ebay will not get its money for 180

Josh-2010 :

How may I assist you with the above?

JACUSTOMER-surcvz7j- :

days.What one requires is the legal position and pass all information on to customs investigations as i have done before.Account

JACUSTOMER-surcvz7j- :

has been closed so no money can be taken from my bank account to e-bay to pay their bill.

Josh-2010 :

How would you like me to assist you with the above?

JACUSTOMER-surcvz7j- :

Full Size Image

Josh-2010 :

Josh-2010 :

I am very happy to help with the above if I can. Do you have a question on the same?

Josh-2010 :

Would you like to continue?

JACUSTOMER-surcvz7j- :

Pay-pal has refused to pay e-bay fees £114.20,e-bay owns pay-pal and if if pay-pal pay them this proves it is british company

JACUSTOMER-surcvz7j- :

hence my bank making complaint.

JACUSTOMER-surcvz7j- :

Problem with account is do you have to prove anything,as the information provided states you can sell £7500 per year using pay-pal system.Have closed link between bank and pay-pal.Money transferred from my bank to pay-pal is direct debit transfer this

JACUSTOMER-surcvz7j- :

is the direction the bank will look at the problem.

JACUSTOMER-surcvz7j- :

As matter of payment e-bay thinks the account will be settled by other means,they will not get a penny,sooner or later they will have

JACUSTOMER-surcvz7j- :

to send written documents that will have an address on it.

JACUSTOMER-surcvz7j- :

Sorry about the "non technical approach" any information is useful.Any amount in pay-pal can be taken back by contacting other

JACUSTOMER-surcvz7j- :

members to complain about goods recieved and claim a refund and still keep the goods and empty out the pay-pal account.Also

JACUSTOMER-surcvz7j- :

all members are being advised not to use pay-pal or they will lose their money.

JACUSTOMER-surcvz7j- :

many thanks

JACUSTOMER-surcvz7j- :

ian 66 train.

Joshua :

Thanks. Paypal are not a bank and therefore are not regulated however they are voluntary members of the Financial Ombudsman service

Joshua :

Paypal are required like any other institution that handles monies to identify its customers and clients. There is no prescribed regulation that specifies what amount of money must be handled before Paypal have to require ID and it is for Paypal to sets its own policy in this matter. The request for ID is a legitimate requests if they are processing monies on your behalf however you do not have to provide such ID.

Joshua :

If you are unwilling to provide ID however Paypal are not required to continue to do business with you. They are a private business and subject to discrimination laws are entitled to decide who to do business with.

Joshua :

If you are unhappy with Paypals service to you and / or they are witholding monies that belong to you you may consider raising a complaint with them. If you are unsatisfied with the outcome of the complaint with Paypal you can refer the matter to the Financial Ombudsman who can independently determine the matter. They have the power to make awards and determinations and their decisions are binding on Paypal.

Joshua :

http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/consumer/complaints.htm

Joshua :

Is there anything above I can clarify for you?