75100385

I have been running a beauty salon for 10 years and yesterday

Customer Question

I have been running a beauty salon for 10 years and yesterday we had a client in for trial bridal make-up. We dicussed what look she was after and I suggested false eyelashes as they have been very popular with brides she agreeded to trying them out as this was a trial. After she seen them she didn't like them so me agreed to remove them and start fresh with her makeup. After 2 hours she left salon happy with what we had done. Later that evening she rang to say that her eyes were very sore and she thought she had took a reaction to eyelashes glue or remover or just makeup. I just recommended her to hold cold flannel on eyes. To-day she has telephoned salon to say she has been to doctor and has burns under her eyes and wants refund of trial make-up, I asked for her to send me on picture of eyes. Also I don't know this cutomer as she is not local just she was getting married in area. Should I give refund ?

AlexWatts2013 : Hello my name is Alex and I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return. For now please let me know did you test the product before use?
JACUSTOMER-qd2o65wf- :

no

AlexWatts2013 :

Potentially there may be a claim against you for negligence because you should test products or ask clients if they have any allergic reactions. If it were me and to prevent any claim against you, I would offer a refund. If you do not then they may issue a claim against you for negligence and I do not know whether or not you have business insurance and therefore be covered. In reality this is a commercial decision for you to make, but if it were me, I would.

AlexWatts2013 :

If this fully resolves your question then please take a moment before you leave and rate my service, it only takes a second and is an important part of the process. Otherwise if you need more information or help then please click reply. Alex