Stuart J
Stuart J, Solicitor
Experience:  PGD Law. 20 years legal profession, 6 as partner in High Street Practice
11292137

can my husband cite me as a joint complaintant in a letter

Customer Question

can my husband cite me as a joint complaintant in a letter to our son-in-law without my verbal consent? and as it has wrecked my relationship with my daughter and granddaughter what can I do to attempt a reconciliation.
Expert:  Stuart J replied 4 years ago.
Hello, I am Law Denning and I am a practising solicitor. I have been an expert on this website in UK law since 2008. During that time, as you appreciate, I have answered thousands of questions from satisfied users on a variety of subjects.
Because we are all in practice with clients and court and other users, I might not always respond in minutes, particularly evenings and weekends. Please bear with me in that case

It is my pleasure to assist you with this today. Please bear with me while I gather some further information from you in order for me to be able to advise you fully.
Please bear with me today because I will be online and off-line.
Have you told your daughter and granddaughter and son-in-law that he has done this without your consent? Has the letter gone yet or not? Can we have the full background please?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

That's what I want an honest answer. I did tell my daughter, she asked me to contact the soliciter, to get my name taken off then she would be more likely to resume a relationship with me. Grandaughter is just a baby.

Expert:  Stuart J replied 4 years ago.
Can we have the full background please?
I do need it. Thanks
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Do you want me to quote you verbatim the solicitors letter ( which by the way has the wrong year at top of letter) or do you want me to start from the top of everything?

Expert:  Stuart J replied 4 years ago.
I don’t need everything verbatim, but I do need to know the substance of the complaint/ background
What solicitors have to do with this.
Why taking your name off it will “muddy the water”

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I spoke to the solicitor who sent the letter. He didn't really answer my question, but I have just accepted the situation. Other than going to a solicitor myself, I cant see the situation getting any better.

I don't wish to pursue this through this media. Thanks for your time.

Expert:  Stuart J replied 4 years ago.
I will close the thread.