75100385

I have a solicitor who should be helping my family move house,

I have a solicitor who should be helping my family move house, but since speaking to him yesterday I do not think he is. I asked him when we could move as we only have three months to move in and he asked who was negotiating for us, I replied I thought you were.

Now I am not sure where we stand with this solicitor, can you help please.

AlexWatts2013 :

Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return. For now please let me know negotiating what exactly?

Customer:

The solicitor should be negotiating with Ealing Council about my family and myself moving to the new property that we have seen and offered a price, which has been agreed by Ealing Council, but when I spoke to him he asked if we have a negotiator to do this and I said I thought you were doing this for us, he then went quiet.

Customer:

We are not sure where we are now, we only have three to four months to move into our new property, but we feel as though we are on our own.

Customer:

Can you help please?

AlexWatts2013 :

I can not negotiate for you if that is what you are asking. Did you instruct your Solicitor to negotiate on your behalf or did you just assume he would do that?