Nicola-mod
Nicola-mod, Moderator
Experience:  Moderator
73944119

my daughter left home and went to police station as she get

Customer Question

my daughter left home and went to police station as she get angry with parents
police took her and arrest father and brother. my daughter is 18
we are concerned her welfare and police refuse to give us her where abouts
HI.

Thank you for your question . My name is Jo and I will try to help with this.

How can I help with this please?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi jo

you have read my question

What will happened now

Yes, I've read the facts above but I can't see a question.

In relation to what will happen, if she is 18 and of full capacity the police will not tell you her whereabouts. She is an adult and free to be anywhere she chooses. If she refuses to come home or notify you of her location then that is her choice.

If you have reported her missing then normally all that happens is that the police speak to her and satisfy themselves that is not a missing person. They will conduct checks upon her welfare but only really by asking her if all is well.

Unfortunately, if she is 18, you don't have the right to know her whereabouts I'm afraid.

I'm very sorry if this is bad news.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

my question is what police will do with her how long time she will be in police custody and what afterword

Why did they arrest her?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

police did not arrest her , police arrest father and brother for forced imprisonment. both were release on bale and now what will happened with her How long she will be in police custody and when she will be free

I'm sorry but that makes no sense.

If she is not arrested then why is she is police custody?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

she was not arrested, she went to police station and accused that her father and brother kept her in forced imprisonment at home.

police arrested father and brother and release after some time.

my question is for how long time police will keep her in custody and what will happened after word

Sorry but is she in police custody?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes

On what basis?

If she hasn't been arrested then how has she come to be in police custody?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

she went her self run away from home

I am sorry but she cannot be in police custody for that reason.

An 18 year old is free to leave home. She is able to go anywhere she chooses and the police will not have taken her into custody for that reason.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

its now 4th day of the incidence and police asked us to submit some documents belong to her, its shows that she is still in police custody

Unless they have arrested her she cannot be in police custody.

And actually even then they cannot hold her for four days without charge. Not in the UK. PACE is clear.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

police asked her not to contact her but

as 4 days is gone can we contact her as she has her mobile with her

She is not in police custody then. They take phones away from people in police custody.

If you have been given a harassment warning then contacting her would amount to harassment.

If not then you are free to do so but its not a good idea to ignore police instructions.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

As she was entire dependent on us before going to police .If police released her will they hand over her to any social organisation or just free to go any where even if she doesn't know any thing ?

She is an adult and free to go where she likes. The police cannot control her movements unless she is under arrest.

Probably though they will make a referral to some form of social services but its obviously something that can only be available to her if she consents.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Can any friend ring her ?

Yes, anybody who is not subject to an order or police instruction not to do so can call her.

I'm happy to continue with this but please rate my answer.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Many Thanks

No problem.

All the best.
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 3 years ago.

Just a quick reminder, there is an unrated answer waiting for you here from the Professional.

If the Expert was helpful, rating their answer as satisfactory transfers your deposit to them – this is how the Expert is compensated.

To rate your answer, you can go to your question page, and click one of the five faces below your Expert's answer. Please be sure you are logged in with your username and password or you will not be able to view or rate your answer.

If you still need help with your question, please feel free to reply to the Expert on this question page. You may ask as many follow-up questions on the same question page as you need until you are satisfied.