75100385

In a legal consultation, that involves a film being shown.

In a legal consultation, that involves a film being shown. if 25% of the Audience have no access to said film, and throughout the consultation 50% have no way of asking questions,would this be a breach legally of said legal consultation?

AlexWatts2013 : Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return. For now please let me know who is issuing the consultation?
Customer:

It is a consultation from a hospital Trust Administration with the public of the area. On Wed pm a consultation meeting was held where an information film was shown to the public. The film had severalmisleading and wrong information in it.. However because of interest from the public,over 50% had no communication possible as they were in a secondary venue and at least 20% could neither see said film nor participate as again they had no coms.q would this be a legal consultation or is there a process flaw

AlexWatts2013 : You mean there were too many people for the venue, is this right?
Customer:

Yes it was advertised as a public consultation.and people attending had to watch a presentation film on the administration process before asking questions.but only one venue had microphones for questioning and after 2 venues were filled about 20% could have no access to the film and 50% of people had no way to communicate.. surely there must be a problem legally on process?

AlexWatts2013 : When you said 50% could not communicate, how please?
Customer:

They were not allowed into the conference hall on H&SE grounds. so were ushered to an overspill venue this too was filled and 200 people had to stand outside listening on a p/a. However the administrators explained we had to watch this film about what they had done before the debate took place 200 people could not watch and the overspill had remote but it was upside down with soundtrack backwards

Customer:

Only 1 room had any P?A and irgo only they could question administraters

AlexWatts2013 : Can the people not submit comments in writing for consideration?
Customer:

not from outside and 1 written question was accepted from the 450 overspill venue

Customer:

I suppose i am seeking opinion on whether this meeting would be legal or void as consultation.It is a hospital administration so i do not expect any tort or precedents

AlexWatts2013 : Is it void - no. Is it defective - yes. Clearly can not necessarily anticipate the volume of people and you would not be able to hire a big hall on the basis that large numbers will come, it's not an exact science and takes so, guess work. But they should provide another one to allow people to have their say, otherwise it could be subject to challenge.
AlexWatts2013 : I trust this fully resolves your question and if so could I invite you to take a moment to rate my service, as your feedback is important to me. If you need further information or help then please click rely. Alex
Customer:

Thank you not what i hoped but still progress..