How JustAnswer Works:

  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.

Ask Jo C. Your Own Question

Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 70105
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

How do I find out the address of a car owner? I am being harrassed

Customer Question

How do I find out the address of a car owner? I am being harrassed I,m a 70 yrs old female but do not want to involve the police. The car involved is a toyota reg FH61 SWJ silver hybrid. I have been told the owner lives in Bromham Bedfordshire but not sure of this.
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for your question . My name is Jo and I will try to help with this.
In order to give you an answer tailored to your circumstances, I will just need to ask you some preliminary questions so that I can consider your position from all angles.

What do you want the address for?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Because the landlord has been trying to evict me for a year . I believe that the car owner wants my house and I need to know if they rent their present house. If they do I will know to be careful . If they are house owners than I can breath easier. I have involved the police in April this year and it was they who confirmed I was being harrassed, I have a crime number.
It would be a big help to have the address

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

for JOMO1972 I have replied already I need to know if the car owner rents or owns their house so I know if they are colluding with the landowner in trying to get me to move by harassing me

Expert:  Jo C. replied 3 years ago.

What is he actually doing to harass you?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

for JOMO1972 too many things to detail. I live on a farm in the farmhouse , I expectn ormal farmyard noises however this spring shooting went on all spring very early in the morningwaking me up til I involved the police as it was obvious it was to annoy myself. I was also concerned about the damage done to badger setts and the police got involved with tht also. The shooting stopped after the police involvement However the paddock next to the farmhouse has been let to a v noisy famiy and a reliable friend tells me that the woman has said she hopesto live in the house soon as they expect myself to leave. There have albeen standup shouting matches with the landowner with from him a lot of swear words and accations that I have not paid the rent when I have. All detailed to the police the laowner even sexually bothered me when I frst moved in to my horror demanding "breakfast" do you really need more?

Expert:  Jo C. replied 3 years ago.
I'm really sorry but the DVLA are unlikely to hand over this information for this reason.

You can make an application for the details of the registered keeper of any car. The DVLA are bound by the Data Protection Act to reveal information in their care only for good reason - like the vehicle being involved in a hit and run or being abandoned etc.

What seems to be happening here is that there are other issues and the registered keeper of the car is information that might be useful.

The police can check this information as they have access to the DVLA database but they will only use it in the course of an investigation.

I'm very sorry btu thats your position and I have to give you truthful information.

Can I clarify anything for you?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

You haven,t told me anything which I did not already know I had checked with D V L A. I sh all contact the police as they told me to in April if I had further problems. Unfortunately this will escalate matters and I am not in good health (unsurprisingly)

Expert:  Jo C. replied 3 years ago.

Glad I could confirm what your research suggested.

Best of luck .

What Customers are Saying:

  • Thank you so much for your help. Your answers were really useful and came back so quickly. Great! Maggie
< Previous | Next >
  • Thank you so much for your help. Your answers were really useful and came back so quickly. Great! Maggie
  • A quick response, a succinct and helpful answer in simple English. I believe I can now confront the counter party with confidence -- worth the 30 bucks! Rick
  • Wonderful service, prompt, efficient, and accurate. Couldn't have asked for more. I cannot thank you enough for your help. Mary C.
  • This expert is wonderful. They truly know what they are talking about, and they actually care about you. They really helped put my nerves at ease. Thank you so much!!!! Alex
  • Thank you for all your help. It is nice to know that this service is here for people like myself, who need answers fast and are not sure who to consult. GP
  • I couldn't be more satisfied! This is the site I will always come to when I need a second opinion. Justin
  • Just let me say that this encounter has been entirely professional and most helpful. I liked that I could ask additional questions and get answered in a very short turn around. Esther

Meet The Experts:

  • Jo C.

    Jo C.


    Satisfied Customers:

    Over 5 years in practice
< Previous | Next >
  • Jo C.'s Avatar

    Jo C.


    Satisfied Customers:

    Over 5 years in practice
  • Ben Jones's Avatar

    Ben Jones

    UK Lawyer

    Satisfied Customers:

    Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
  • Buachaill's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    Barrister 17 years experience
  • Max Lowry's Avatar

    Max Lowry


    Satisfied Customers:

    LLB, 10 years post qualification experience
  • UK_Lawyer's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
  • Kasare's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
  • Joshua's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice