12826847

How do I find out the address of a car owner? I am being harrassed

Customer Question

How do I find out the address of a car owner? I am being harrassed I,m a 70 yrs old female but do not want to involve the police. The car involved is a toyota reg FH61 SWJ silver hybrid. I have been told the owner lives in Bromham Bedfordshire but not sure of this.
HI.

Thank you for your question . My name is Jo and I will try to help with this.
In order to give you an answer tailored to your circumstances, I will just need to ask you some preliminary questions so that I can consider your position from all angles.

What do you want the address for?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Because the landlord has been trying to evict me for a year . I believe that the car owner wants my house and I need to know if they rent their present house. If they do I will know to be careful . If they are house owners than I can breath easier. I have involved the police in April this year and it was they who confirmed I was being harrassed, I have a crime number.
It would be a big help to have the address

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

for JOMO1972 I have replied already I need to know if the car owner rents or owns their house so I know if they are colluding with the landowner in trying to get me to move by harassing me

What is he actually doing to harass you?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

for JOMO1972 too many things to detail. I live on a farm in the farmhouse , I expectn ormal farmyard noises however this spring shooting went on all spring very early in the morningwaking me up til I involved the police as it was obvious it was to annoy myself. I was also concerned about the damage done to badger setts and the police got involved with tht also. The shooting stopped after the police involvement However the paddock next to the farmhouse has been let to a v noisy famiy and a reliable friend tells me that the woman has said she hopesto live in the house soon as they expect myself to leave. There have albeen standup shouting matches with the landowner with from him a lot of swear words and accations that I have not paid the rent when I have. All detailed to the police the laowner even sexually bothered me when I frst moved in to my horror demanding "breakfast" do you really need more?

I'm really sorry but the DVLA are unlikely to hand over this information for this reason.

You can make an application for the details of the registered keeper of any car. The DVLA are bound by the Data Protection Act to reveal information in their care only for good reason - like the vehicle being involved in a hit and run or being abandoned etc.

What seems to be happening here is that there are other issues and the registered keeper of the car is information that might be useful.

The police can check this information as they have access to the DVLA database but they will only use it in the course of an investigation.

I'm very sorry btu thats your position and I have to give you truthful information.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

You haven,t told me anything which I did not already know I had checked with D V L A. I sh all contact the police as they told me to in April if I had further problems. Unfortunately this will escalate matters and I am not in good health (unsurprisingly)

Ok.

Glad I could confirm what your research suggested.

Best of luck .