Joshua, Lawyer
Experience:  LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice
35043042

I have been offered a service by a firm called MURDOCH & CHASE

I have been offered a service by a firm called MURDOCH & CHASE Assett Management, Tower 42, Old Broad Street, London. Co. No. 08541058, incorporated (only) on 23/05/2013.

Essentially this is an exit scheme termed a 'Corporate Re-diversion' of VER's into CER's and then their subsequent sale.

Is this just a SCAM?
Expert:  Joshua replied 3 years ago.

Josh-2010 :

Thanks for your question. Please kindly RATE my answer when you are satisfied

Josh-2010 :

What have they asked you for to date please if anything?

Customer:

Sorry, I should have said.

Customer:

Their fee for this 'service' is £2179.11

Josh-2010 :

Josh-2010 :

I am just carrying out some due diligence checks on the company.

Josh-2010 :

I have some concerns about this company. There is no evidence to suggest they are scammers however the following information in pertinent. The company was only established in May this year. There is no financial history for the company at all yet as being a new company not accounts have been filed.

Josh-2010 :

There is one single director of the company who is 23 years old.

Josh-2010 :

The company has no registration with the Financial Conduct Authority so any business you conduct with the company will not be protected by government compensation schemes. .

Josh-2010 :

Their phone is not manned (at present in any event).

Josh-2010 :

There is no information as to who works for the company nor their qualifications.

Josh-2010 :

Accordingly based on the available evidence you are entrusting your money and assets to a 23 year old male. You will therefore wish to consider this carefully. Demands for upfront payments generally should be regarded with suspicion as they are an indicator though not proof of an advance fee fraud.

Josh-2010 :

Is there anything above I can clarify for you?

Customer:

No thanks, XXXXX XXXXX possibly comment on the service being offered, i.e. the 'Corporate Re-Diversion of VERs into CERs?

Josh-2010 :

CERs are generally regarded as better than VERs because the latter can be very difficult to sell whereas the former is generally easier to trade. How Generally such a proposal is likely to be of interest but quite how they propose to do it is another matter entirely. Normally in scams (which I have no evidence to suggest this is) you will be told that they have a buyer for your VERs and you need to make a payment for a bond or some other basis to send money whereupon the buyer and the company disappears.

Josh-2010 :

Here obviously you are being offered CERs in stead however how the process of VERs-CERS is proposed is a very pertinent question as VERs are very difficult to sell.

Josh-2010 :

Does the above answer all your questions or is there anything I can clarify or help with any further?

Customer:

OK, thanks for your help.