12826847

Hi my father died in march this year leaving a lg sum of

Customer Question

Hi my father died in march this year leaving a lg sum of money. I received a letter from the DWP after probate . It appears we may owe them a lot of the money as my father was claiming when he had over the threshold in the bank. We really don t know how long he was over the threshold and were surprised at the amount of money he had . we have information to pass over of his accounts when the DWP request more details. My questions are how many years will they go back? What was the threshold 20 years ago, and what changes has there been to the threshold up to date? thanks
HI.

Thank you for your question . My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

Are you thinking of any changes in particular?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I am referring to the amount of savings allowed before a claim from the DWP is rejected. I wanted to know what the amount was 20 yrs ago and in the preceding years up to date,thanks

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Relist: Other.
not answered msg said may be answering another or is offline25 mins ago
I'm sorry. I wouldn't have any way of knowing that.

I'll opt out for others.
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 4 years ago.

It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.