Nicola-mod
Nicola-mod, Moderator
Experience:  Moderator
73944119

CAN I CANCEL A TENACY AGREEMENT WITHIN 7 DAYS AND ASK FOR MY

Customer Question

CAN I CANCEL A TENACY AGREEMENT WITHIN 7 DAYS AND ASK FOR MY DEPOSIT AND RENT BACK. I DID NOT MOVE IN TO THE PROPERTY
Expert:  Senior Partner replied 4 years ago.
Have you signed the tenancy? Generally if you have signed up then no there is no cooing off period and you are bound. Were there any conditions or circumstances that made you want to cancel or did you simply change your mind?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
My wife signed the contract and is an alcoholic suffering with depression
She has been put on residential rehab
I don't think she was of clear mind when signing the contract
I am afraid that is not likely to be a good reason to avoid it unless you could prove that the agent or landlord was aware that she was not fit to enter into the contract. You can try it but I doubt is they will refund. In theory she is liable for the rent for the term or until any notice expires.
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 3 years ago.

Just a quick reminder, there is an unrated answer waiting for you here from the Professional.

If the Expert was helpful, rating their answer as satisfactory transfers your deposit to them – this is how the Expert is compensated.

To rate your answer, you can go to your question page, and click one of the five faces below your Expert's answer. Please be sure you are logged in with your username and password or you will not be able to view or rate your answer.

If you still need help with your question, please feel free to reply to the Expert on this question page. You may ask as many follow-up questions on the same question page as you need until you are satisfied.