How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

A large company ows me £200k the QS has sent me an email stating

Customer Question

A large company ows me £200k the QS has sent me an email stating that he agrees with the additional extras but hasnt had time to value and check the measured works.
The agreement we had was 45 day post submission and we would be paid. the Qs dealing with me at the time has left. I have emailed his MQS but have had no reply, we should be paid next week. What should i do ?

IF the payment is no given what is the best way to get my money?
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Ash replied 3 years ago.

AlexWatts2013 :

Hello my name is Alex and I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return.

AlexWatts2013 :

You should write a letter recorded delivery asking for payment for the sums that have been agreed and are not disputed and ask for it within 14 days or say you will go to Court. If they refuse then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You are entitled to be paid a reasonable sum for reasonable works done. If they do not pay you then you can issue proceedings either by completing form N1 and submitting it to your local County Court or by issuing an online claim at:

AlexWatts2013 :

However please remember to keep a copy of the original letter and send it recorded delivery. The Court will then issue a claim and if not defended, you can enter Judgment and seek enforcement or if defended the Court will list the matter for timetabling for trial.

AlexWatts2013 :

If this fully resolves your question then please take a moment before you leave and rate my service, it only takes a second and is an important part of the process. Otherwise if you need more information or help then please click reply. Alex

Related Law Questions