75100385

I had a producer given me for no insurance I handed my producerbin

Customer Question

I had a producer given me for no insurance I handed my producerbin a day late and got a summons to appear ar court, I didntappear because I thpught the court letter was ro do with a different offense. I then got a letter through with a fine and 6 points. Npw due to the six points I have got court on monday to see if I get banned. Now if I can prove I was insured at court is there any chance that the 6 points could be removed or is ir now to late? And I also have anorher 3 points for a speeding ticket that I was supposed to do a speed awareness class for but didnt end up doijg because I didnt realise I could due to my licence being revoked as I had 9 points and had only had my licence 6 months so had to retake my test. I understand that there is alot to take in bur any advice here would be great. Many thanks dale purvis

AlexWatts2013 : Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return. For now please let me know do you have an insurance certificate with you?
JACUSTOMER-rkxlf987- :

No I currently dont but I am truing to get hold of it as I have court tomorrow

JACUSTOMER-rkxlf987- :

I have now got my documents

AlexWatts2013 :

I see you have given Bad Service rating and I am sorry for any delay but I have been in Court as per my introductory text

AlexWatts2013 :

What you should do is this - take the summons if you still have it, with your insurance document to the Police station. They can verify that you were in fact covered for that period of time, they will stamp the document. You can then take this to Court and show the Proseuctor on the day. You can invite the Court to re-open your case and set aside the original conviction. If the Prosecution are minded they may drop the cases there and then if you can show the verified insurance or may ask for an adjournment.

AlexWatts2013 :

If for whatever reason the Court refuses to do this (re-open and set aside) then you should ask that any ban be suspended pending appeal. Normally if you complete the appeal documents that day in the Court building the Court is minded to stay any ban. The appeal would then be heard in the Crown Court.

AlexWatts2013 :

But getting the insurance document for the period of time verified is the best way foward.

AlexWatts2013 :

If this fully answers your question, please take a moment before you leave and rate my service, it only takes a second and is an important part of the process. Otherwise if you need more information or help then please click reply. Alex

JACUSTOMER-rkxlf987- :

Im sorry for rating you badly the answer you have given me is good, just thebtime scale... I was led to believe by the site that you was going to be able to answer my questions there and then as I pnly used this site because I was in a tush for an answer.

AlexWatts2013 :

The site is not an instant service as experts are on and offline all day for Court matters. I would be grateful if you could give me a positive rating for the answer I provided you as this does affect my rating and standing on the site. I assume the answer did indeed help you and would be grateful if you could rate as such. Alex