29905560

I am a retail manager. I was suspended from work on full pay

Customer Question

I am a retail manager. I was suspended from work on full pay pending investigations on an allegation of theft on 22/07/2013. I wrote to my employer asking to send me all necessary documents (evidence, statements, investigations notes, etc...) prior to any other hearing and to give me sufficient notice to prepare. They "courrier'd" me a letter on 31/07/13 at 16pm to ask me to an unspecified meeting at 10am the day after !!......As I had to take care of my 7 months old baby that morning it was impossible to reschedule childcare at such a short notice. I send them a recorded letter explaining that and went myself at around 09:30am to deliver the letter by hand before returning to my baby. 3 company executives "cornered" me in an office on my way out, to, and I quote, "explain the company position....". I asked straight away what kind of a meeting was it (Disciplinary, informal....) but the did not answered. During a brief conversation (7 mn) they, and I quote again, advise me not to say anything, that the company position was : "you will note work for the company, we will not compromise with you in a sense that we will not pay you any money. We have 5 witnesses and everybody at the store is now aware that you have stolen from us. If you go to court we will make everything public and we will prosecute you with grave consequences to you. Now we will ask you to go away, think about what we said and come back to us with your position. We will not take any action here and there at the moment." I then asked again to have the "allegations" or "anything else" to be shown to me, but I was denied that and send home without delay. Shocked by the all thing and already under GP supervision from sometimes for "reactive depression" I then went to an already scheduled GP appointment in a terrible state of nerves and stress and I was sign of Not Fit for Work by my GP and referred immediately to the Community Mental Health for further treatment. On the 09/08/13 I then contact my employer to tell them about my situation and they reply, by mail (and now recorded letter) that they, and I quote, "they were really surprised to have received a Fit Note from me on the 01/08/13 as I was clearly explained that I was dismissed on the day before !!!!????". I have received no informations regarding the allegations and/or evidence/statements, I have not been invited to a disciplinary and I have not received any dismissal letter !?? And yet I appear to have lost my employment !!!?? Please advise.

Ben Jones :

Hello, my name is Ben and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today.

Ben Jones :

For now please let me know what is your question about this?

JACUSTOMER-qzyvfkt9- :

I suppose to be answered by another Lawyer and that why I have paid for ??????

JACUSTOMER-qzyvfkt9- :

I already send all details in my 1st mail ?????

JACUSTOMER-qzyvfkt9- :

Please read my first mail and why the 1st person I apply for don't answer to me ?

JACUSTOMER-qzyvfkt9- :

I don't understand : I made my statement, paid £47 for a "High" response from a Barrister and I get "Ben Jones Offline Expert Chat host" !!!!!?????

JACUSTOMER-qzyvfkt9- :

No disrespect to Ben Jones of course.

JACUSTOMER-qzyvfkt9- :

Can someone talk to me ???

JACUSTOMER-qzyvfkt9- :

are you there /