12826847

my wife asked me to get her £5000 loan to pay off mortgage

Customer Question

my wife asked me to get her £5000 loan to pay off mortgage arrears as she was not paying it i got the loan for her and paid off arrears i told her it was £190 a month for 3 years she replied i wanted a £10000 loan i cannot afford to pay £190 a month i ended up paying back the loan as it was in my name can i go to small claims court for money
HI.

Thank you for your question . My name is Jo and I will try to help with this.

In order to give you an answer tailored to your circumstances, I will just need to ask you some preliminary questions so that I can consider your position from all angles.

Do you have anything in writing?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No I have not
Expert:  Stuart J replied 3 years ago.
I have been asked to look at this for you.
Are you still married? Do you live together?
Are you divorcing? I need the full background to the marital status please
Please explain why the loan is in your name.
Did she get a £5000 loan or a £10,000 loan?
If she couldn’t afford £190 a month why did she even consider the loan?
Is the mortgage in joint names?
What was the money used for? I need the full background in minute detail please.
I am off-line shortly until later today but will pick this up them.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
We are still married still living together just leaves debts behind her The loan I got for her to clear the mortgage debt of £5000 which she stopped paying she was unable to aquire a lone as she has bad debt record she asked me if I could get the loan for her and she stated she would pay me back when I got the loan for her I paid off the arrears £5000 I told her the loan worked out £190 a month in which she replied I wanted £10000 I cannot afford to pay back £190 which I i turn replied if you cannot pay back £5000 how was you going to pay back £10000 she just wants money with very little spent on home she tried to divorce me years ago stating I was not paying for anything which collapsed owing to untruths and solicitor had to threaten legal action to get paid
Expert:  Stuart J replied 3 years ago.
the first thought that occurred to me was exactly what you point out was that if a £5000 loan was £190 a month and she couldn’t afford that, how was she going to afford £10,000 a month.
There is the issue of the mortgage and the arrears.
Is the mortgage in joint names or one sole name?
I still don’t know what loan you got what the money went on and how she managed to buy a car, within the marriage, without you knowing.
Are you intending to stay together?
I do need all the missing details please.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
It is a joint mortgage in both names
The £5000 loan I took out from natwest was for her to pay off mortgage arrears to the woolwich.the loan I took out for her was a couple of years ago she bought the car from PPI which she kept quite about I have not signed any forms for joint agreements possibly forged my signature she has already been caught cheating benefit stating she was single when we were married for 10years
Expert:  Stuart J replied 3 years ago.
I am going to opt out of this for another expert to consider. Please do not reply or it comes back into my inbox. Another expert will pick it up at some stage. It is now open to all experts.
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 3 years ago.

It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.