12826847

I have not received invoices for a hall i rent for nearly two

Customer Question

I have not received invoices for a hall i rent for nearly two years i have asked repeatedly for them. Then last week i got a letter to say i need to pay £17,000 in rent arrears which included cost of living increase for the two years. What should i do now????
Expert:  Stuart J replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question here on Just answer. It is my pleasure to try and assist you with this today. Please bear with me if I need to ask for any further information from you in order for me to be able to advise you fully. My name is Law Denning and I am a practising solicitor. I have been an expert on this website in UK law since 2008. During that time, as you appreciate, I have answered thousands of questions from satisfied users on a variety of subjects.
Because we are all in practice with clients and court and other users, I might not always respond in minutes, particularly evenings and weekends. Please bear with me in that case. I will be online and off-line all day most weekdays and weekends.
I appreciate you may not have received the invoices but presumably you knew that you were not paying rent and you have kept it to one side or have you not? If not, why not?
What does the lease say about them having to invoice you?
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 3 years ago.

Just a quick reminder, there is an information request here from the Expert. This means they need to know more details before they will be able to give you a full answer.