12826847

can hypertension causing anxiety amount to a disability?

Customer Question

Expert:  Stuart J replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question here on Just answer. It is my pleasure to try and assist you with this today. Please bear with me if I need to ask for any further information from you in order for me to be able to advise you fully. My name isXXXXX and I am a practising solicitor. I have been an expert on this website in UK law since 2008. During that time, as you appreciate, I have answered thousands of questions from satisfied users on a variety of subjects.
Because we are all in practice with clients and court and other users, I might not always respond in minutes, particularly evenings and weekends. Please bear with me in that case. I will be online and off-line all day most weekdays and weekends.

Can we have the full background to your question please?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

My wife, was due to go into hospital for an op. She had high blood pressure due to work related stress. she had to be signed off on the sick to reduce her blood pressure to have the op. The day before she was due to return to work, she received a call from work, don't come in your suspended. A number of vague allegations she denies. She was too stressed to attend a disciplinary and the first was postponed. The manager then started writing saying due to allegations he was going to press ahead with a hearing. we contested. we believe they are in breach of their own discipline procedures and also they took evidence anonymously from 2 colleagues who wanted to remain anonymous and then decided they were happy to sign a statement as long as they did not have to be in her presence.

Expert:  Stuart J replied 4 years ago.
thank you. This is not really my area so I will opt out for another expert. There is no need to do anything as it is now open to all experts.
Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. How long has she worked there for?
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 4 years ago.

Just a quick reminder, there is an information request here from the Expert. This means they need to know more details before they will be able to give you a full answer.