75100385

Hi i am totally confused and i want to ask a question i purchased

Customer Question

Hi i am totally confused and i want to ask a question
i purchased a car and it went fraud. i made complain to national fraud investigation agency and they are taking so long time about 3 months.i know that auto trader has got information about the seller so what is the best solution for this?

AlexWatts2013 :

Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return. For now please let me know what do you mean when you say it went fraud?

Customer :

i did not received car

AlexWatts2013 :

Please note I have not given an answer and simply asking for more information. How did you pay for the car?

Customer :

i pay it online

AlexWatts2013 :

Yes using credit card, cash or debit card?

Customer :

debit card

AlexWatts2013 :

Using Paypal ?

Customer :

no not at all

AlexWatts2013 :

Did you pay through a third party website or the car company direct?

Customer :

yes it way third party website which is ebay

Customer :

please can you do something for that because i need money back

AlexWatts2013 :

Yes I know but I need to ask questions first.

AlexWatts2013 :

Please note I can not act for you because this is a question and answer site, but I can give you advice.

AlexWatts2013 :

How much did you pay?

AlexWatts2013 :

What website did you pay on when you said you paid by debit card?

Customer :

i have paid 2800 pounds

Customer :

it was not web site it was only name of person and account

AlexWatts2013 :

OK. So you paid direct into their bank account?

Customer :

yes

AlexWatts2013 :

I understand. Do you have their address?

Customer :

can police track the person by their bank information

AlexWatts2013 :

Yes of course. Do you have the sellers name and address?

Customer :

i only have the sellers name whichi is maria wallace

Customer :

and she lives in faro portugal

Customer :

maria walsh

AlexWatts2013 :

I see. In that case because it is an international transaction, really you should have paid by a third party such as Paypal. This is because they offer payment protection although they do charge a fee of course. In this case your options are limited as you do not have this persons address. If you had their address then you could issue Court proceedings, as you do not sadly you can not go to Court to get your money. However you should inform the Police and make a formal complaint. This will allow the Police to investigate the matter but because it is in Portugal it may not be quick - it may take months. I understand you have complained to the fraud agency but you should also complain to the Police if you have not done so already.

AlexWatts2013 :

If you say that the bank know this persons address then what you could do, is issue proceedings in the County Court against the bank and ask the Court that they disclose the the persons address. That means that you would be able to then issue proceedings against the person in Portugal - but you need an address first which only the bank can give you.

AlexWatts2013 :

The Police can of course trace the person through their bank account - they can get the address and prosecute the person. Also they can trace where the money went and if so put a stop on it. But at this stage your options are limited to allowing the Police to investigate and then issue proceedings against the bank to make them give you the address.

Customer :

no i have got all the emails

Customer :

that could help me because at te moment i am not able to provide all details

Customer :

and before purchase i made service history checks of car through auto trader

Customer :

they give me positive answer about the car

Customer :

any way i will make a complain to police

AlexWatts2013 :

Yes please do so. But sadly as much as I would like to take this case on for you I am not allowed to.

AlexWatts2013 :

If this fully answers your question, please take a moment before you leave and rate my service, it only takes a second and is an important part of the process. Otherwise if you need more information or help then please click reply. Alex

AlexWatts2013 :

But please do let me know how you get on as I can help you along the way if the case proceeds.

Customer :

any thanks for your suggestion but i have alredy had this much idea

AlexWatts2013 :

Yes. Please take a moment to rate the service I have given you today, not necessarily whether it was the answer you wanted, but whether or not I answered your questions. Thanks. Alex

Customer :

i aspect more than this

AlexWatts2013 :

Is there anything else you want to know? Remember I can not take this person to Court for you, I am not allowed.

AlexWatts2013 :

This is a question and answer site which can provide answers to questions.

AlexWatts2013 :

Please take a moment to click OK service otherwise I personally get a bad rating. Alex

Customer :

can i take auto trader to court because they are the one who advertised this car in their website

Customer :

i made a call to auto trader and i think they have information about the seller maria walsh

AlexWatts2013 :

You can not take auto trader to Court but the Police will also ask them for information. But you can get a Court order to make Auto Trader give you the persons address so you can sue them.

Customer :

is that only you can suggest me

Customer :

i have aready this much idea

Customer :

i am not happy with your service and i was expecting mor from you

AlexWatts2013 :

What more would you like from me?

Customer :

i was expecting that you guys can link with police and forward my case abit fast

Customer :

sorry but i will not make payment for this much little advice which i have already known

AlexWatts2013 :

I can speak with my friend that works for the Police to see if matters can progress, but even then because it is in Portugal it will take time.

Customer :

i have spoken to police before and they went so rude

AlexWatts2013 :

Yes I understand. If they are rude you can complain in writing to the Chief Constable and if they fails the Independent Police Complaints Commission

Customer :

in this country i am finding so difficult to live because everything is not secured

AlexWatts2013 :

Yes I agree

Customer :

even though i am in the british army

AlexWatts2013 :

That is a credit to you. You do a great job for the country

Customer :

but people make us victim

Customer :

they looted my money

Customer :

so can you please help me with the solution

AlexWatts2013 :

Yes I understand it is frustrating. I will speak to my contact in the force to see if there is anything that can be done.

AlexWatts2013 :

I know this is unfair and I understand your frustration. You have my sympathy

AlexWatts2013 :

Is that satisfactory for you?

AlexWatts2013 :

Please remember to take a moment to rate the help I have given you. Alex