Nicola-mod
Nicola-mod, Moderator
Experience:  Moderator
73944119

Have had Travel Insurance through Santander Bank for several

Customer Question

Have had Travel Insurance through Santander Bank for several years. They have now decided to withdraw their offering which was very competitive offering cover World Wide up to the age of 79.
My wife and I (age 76 & 75 respectively) own a property in Orlando and each year spend time over the Winter enjoying the sunshine.
I am experiencing considerable difficulty in obtaining any meaningful quote as either my age or the length of time (7weeks) or multiple holidays per annum as opposed to single trip, seem to be a problem.
Does this mean I should not consider having extended holidays in the Sun, or is it that all of a sudden I am a much greater risk than I have been to date?
Expert:  tdlawyer replied 4 years ago.

tdlawyer :

Hello, welcome to Justanswer. I'm Tony and I will answer your question today.

tdlawyer :

Have you asked them why they are withdrawing their offering?

tdlawyer :

Are you able to confirm the reason they've given you please?

JACUSTOMER-ryqdudn9- :

Hi Tony.It is a policy decision on Santander 's part to withdraw travel insurance and medical cover from October 2013 to all their customers.

JACUSTOMER-ryqdudn9- :

I suppose I am asking you whether you can advise which insurance company is most likely to take me on!!

tdlawyer :

Hi. We can't say which insurance company might take you on, it's down to the individual insurance company really. But there are well known insurers out there that are geared up to service the older market (no offence intended!), such as SAGA.

tdlawyer :

There are other options, such as policies included as part of credit card accounts etc. that might be worth exploring.

tdlawyer :

This isn't really a legal question though, and it's better directed at an insurance broker I'm afraid.

tdlawyer :

Or, you could use something like www.moneysupermarket.com and see what insurance produces are suggested.

JACUSTOMER-ryqdudn9- :

Thanks for that I will give them a shout and see what happens!

tdlawyer :

Fabulous, good luck with this.

tdlawyer :

Is there anything else you would like me to address that I have not?

tdlawyer :

If there is nothing else I can help you with, would you rate the answer at least good or above for me please?

JACUSTOMER-ryqdudn9- :

completely unhelpful as money supermarket do not deal with Travel insurance. My £33.00 was a waste of time and could have been used towards paying the high premium on a new policy

tdlawyer :

Moneysupermarket do deal with travel insurance. You're clearly looking at the wrong thing.

tdlawyer :

This is the link: http://www.moneysupermarket.com/travel-insurance/

tdlawyer :

Would you please consider a better rating in light of the fact that the information given was correct please?

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 4 years ago.

Just a quick reminder, there is an unrated answer waiting for you here from the Professional.

If the Expert was helpful, rating their answer as satisfactory transfers your deposit to them – this is how the Expert is compensated.

To rate your answer, you can go to your question page, and click one of the five faces below your Expert's answer. Please be sure you are logged in with your username and password or you will not be able to view or rate your answer.

If you still need help with your question, please feel free to reply to the Expert on this question page. You may ask as many follow-up questions on the same question page as you need until you are satisfied.