Nicola-mod
Nicola-mod, Moderator
Experience:  Moderator
73944119

so-called friend of mine offered to sell my car (in parts)

Customer Question

so-called friend of mine offered to sell my car (in parts) on eBay after I had had a lot of trouble with garages who could not find a fault on my car which was always cutting out.
After over two years this "friend" alleges he hasn't had time and that I am hassling him; a mechanic friend has "heard" that much of my car is no longer there and that apparently the engine has been stolen - I know nothing of this from my "friend" and do not officially know the location of my car> Despite nice attempts to finddout what is happening, get the money, get the car back my "friend" blanks my calls and has unfriended me on facebook.
What can I do???
Expert:  tdlawyer replied 4 years ago.

tdlawyer :

Hello, welcome to Justanswer. I'm Tony and will help you with this.

tdlawyer :

You can issue a claim for one of two things (in the alternative): 1. the delivery up of your vehicle or 2. the monetary value of it.

JACUSTOMER-tv8fknzg- :

I've tried both - nicely but he is not responding to me

tdlawyer :

The claim would ask for whichever you preferred, which I anticipate would be the value of the car or its parts, rather then the thing itself back?

tdlawyer :

Have you finished the conversation with me?

tdlawyer :

You've rated bad service and I was wondering why and whether that meant you didn't wish to continue with me?

tdlawyer :

Please be aware that I will answer you as soon as I know that you are back online.

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 4 years ago.

Just a quick reminder, there is an information request here from the Expert. This means they need to know more details before they will be able to give you a full answer.