Nicola-mod
Nicola-mod, Moderator
Experience:  Moderator
73944119

hello,please can you advise me if the rbs group can look into

Customer Question

hello,please can you advise me if the rbs group can look into and discuss my joint bank account when my wife has a mint card and is discussing repayment,the rbs group not only discussed my details(being her husband)but told her this can effect my credit history,what I am asking is can they look at my joint account without my consent to do so even though it is a joint account,he also commented on our expenditure and made my wife feel very guilty about this.

many thanks.

shaun sturges.
Expert:  Stuart J replied 4 years ago.
I'm sorry but I'm completely lost here.
If it is a joint bank account, what is the problem with them discussing it with your wife if she is, presumably, on the account. Do you mean can they discuss it with her, being a joint account holder, without your consent?
I need the full details on what you exactly want to know please.
From the brief facts you have given, I can't see that the bank of do anything wrong but I might be missing something.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

not the bank but I need to know if it was ok for the mint card to do this without my consent.

many thanks.

Expert:  Stuart J replied 4 years ago.
The Mint credit card company is owned by the Royal Bank of Scotland you bank with that it is highly likely that the terms and conditions of the credit card allow them to look at the bank account..
By all means ask them on what authority they have done that but expect them to come up with it in the terms and conditions that you signed when you asked for the credit card.
If they do not come up with that, then raise an issue with the Financial Ombudsman

The Does that answer the question? Can I help further? Can I answer any specific points?
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 4 years ago.

Just a quick reminder, there is an unrated answer waiting for you here from the Professional.

If the Expert was helpful, rating their answer as satisfactory transfers your deposit to them – this is how the Expert is compensated.

To rate your answer, you can go to your question page, and click one of the five faces below your Expert's answer. Please be sure you are logged in with your username and password or you will not be able to view or rate your answer.

If you still need help with your question, please feel free to reply to the Expert on this question page. You may ask as many follow-up questions on the same question page as you need until you are satisfied.