Nicola-mod
Nicola-mod, Moderator
Experience:  Moderator
73944119

I was contacted by an Accounts Manager for Pitney Bowes requesting

Customer Question

I was contacted by an Accounts Manager for Pitney Bowes requesting a rental renewal, I explained that we were hoping to use Email /Internet rather than a Franking Machine and due to our impending change in circumstances we probably would no longer require their services.
After discussing our situation at length with Mr Martin I received a continuation document with a request to sign and return via Email asap along with a reassurance that "Don't panic though, as discussed on the phone, the business may be changing soon and we will cater for that, whether it be to upgrade, downgrade or perhaps even cancel"
I contacted Mr Martin to indeed cancel and was told that there was a settlement figure of £1,172.74 , I feel that I have been conned since he was fully aware of our situation and think it was sold under false pretences, I am refusing to pay and am awaiting some sort of decision from Pitney Bowes since January Pleas advise.
Expert:  Joshua replied 4 years ago.

Joshua :

Thanks for your question. Please kindly RATE my answer when you are satisfied

Joshua :

Did you sign and return the renewal contract you refer to please?

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 4 years ago.

Just a quick reminder, there is an information request here from the Expert. This means they need to know more details before they will be able to give you a full answer.