Nicola-mod
Nicola-mod, Moderator
Experience:  Moderator
73944119

i met my husband online, he was studying in the uk he is from

Customer Question

i met my husband online, he was studying in the uk he is from ghana, we married very fast within 6 months of meeting, i have found paperwork relating to different birth date (year) and also different birth certificate.he has been pushing me for 4 months to sign his sponsor papers, i believe him to be a scammer, his visa expires in march and i found notes where he had been applying for jobs in canada. i believe him to be a scammer
Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 4 years ago.
Hi thank you for your question. Please remember to RATE my answer OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE.

Could you confirm what visa he is on?
What nationality you currently hold?
What would you like to know?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I am British and he is on student Visa till March 2014 i think he married me under false pretences also found documentation stating that he is of a different date of birth and a birth certificate with his altered date of birth both documents look fake

Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your reply.

If you feel that your husband has married you for another other reason than to have a genuine relationship with you then your have the following options:

1. If you feel that you can no longer reside with him then you should maybe consider a divorce or a separation.

2. In respect of his current visa, he may have also obtained this through submitting fraudulent documents, you may therefore wish to contact the home office crimes unit and inform then of what has occurred.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/aboutus/contact/report-crime/

What you must understand is that if you feel that the marriage to you is a sham then you should break this off before applying for any sort of visa for him, because if the home office obtain evidence that it is a marriage of convenience , then not only will your husband be in trouble the police may also press charges against you for knowingly supporting an application for a spouse visa, with false or fake documents.

I hope this answers your question if so kindly rate my answer positively so I can get credited for my time. If however you feel that the answer does not cover all the points raised in your question please DO NOT rate my answer negatively I will be happy to answer further question until you are satisfied with my answer.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hello thank you for your advice, Is there any way I can find out about the documents that I found, one being the birth certificate with a different date of birth and also a letter declaring to the magistrate that he needs a new passport with his new date of birth on this as there had been a mistake on his original birth certificate which if this was true our marriage will be void.

Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your reply.

You can try and call his home country to confirm the authenticity of his birth certificate , but regarding the letter to the magistrates this maybe more difficult, due to data protection you may find it difficult to obtain information regarding documents from inside the UK.

I hope this clarifies the matter.

Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 4 years ago.
I hope this answers your question, if so kindly rate my answer positively so I can get credited for my time.

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 4 years ago.

Just a quick reminder, there is an unrated answer waiting for you here from the Professional.

If the Expert was helpful, rating their answer as satisfactory transfers your deposit to them – this is how the Expert is compensated.

To rate your answer, you can go to your question page, and click one of the five faces below your Expert's answer. Please be sure you are logged in with your username and password or you will not be able to view or rate your answer.

If you still need help with your question, please feel free to reply to the Expert on this question page. You may ask as many follow-up questions on the same question page as you need until you are satisfied.