12826847

What is considered as an unfair contract in the United Kin

Customer Question

What is considered as an unfair contract in the United Kingdom?
Expert:  Stuart J replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question here on Just answer. It is my pleasure to try and assist you with this today. Please bear with me if I need to ask for any further information from you in order for me to be able to advise you fully. My name isXXXXX and I am a practising solicitor. I have been an expert on this website in UK law since 2008. During that time, as you appreciate, I have answered thousands of questions from satisfied users on a variety of subjects.
Because we are all in practice with clients and court and other users, I might not always respond in minutes, particularly evenings and weekends. Please bear with me in that case. I will be online and off-line all day most weekdays and weekends.

Can we have the full background please? Thank you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I trade foreign exchange, and there were times where the services of the firm whom i trade with fell below par, I have made complaints to the compliance but all they said was according to the terms and conditions you agreed to whatever, and basically, it was even when there were indeed issues their terms and conditions have wrapped themselves up very precisely, making it very unfair for the customer as we cannot make any complaints or claims against them even if they are at fault.

Expert:  Stuart J replied 4 years ago.

foreign exchange is outside my sphere of expertise. I am going to opt out of this for another expert to consider. Please do not reply or it comes back into my inbox. Another expert will pick it up at some stage. It is now open to all experts.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

It doesnt require expertise, if you understand financial regulation/law, it'll be straight forward.

Expert:  Stuart J replied 4 years ago.
no but we cannot answer in a vacuum of information and facts. I will opt out for another expert
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Well if you want more information I could give a lot more to you.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.