12826847

what do the uk courts charge for misleading information on

Customer Question

what do the uk courts charge for misleading information on speeding ticket form?
HI.

Thank you for your question . My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

-Could you explain your situation a little more?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

QUESTION FOR JOMO1972

Recently received speeding ticket in the Southend U.K, and asked the named driver to for their information and returned the forms accordingly, however i was given the wrong address by the named driver and now the courts are prosecuting me for 2 charges; 'misleading information' and a 'speeding fine'. i have the name and number of the named driver as they used to be a casual tenant of mine, but not their new address and im currently unable to reach them. will the courts understand my reasons and if not what will be the punishment for 'misleading information' and 'speeding fine'.

Does the first charge say perverting the course of justice?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes the first charge is perverting the course if justice through false information.

I am really sorry to be the person to give you bad news.

I'm afraid perverting the course of justice is very serious. The leading case involved a man of exemplary good character who got three months custody on a first offence for giving false particulars on a S172 form. In fairness, he had maintained it for some time and generally speaking people get less than that.

However, you will have noted from the news the Chris Hulme case lead to 8 months custody.

The speeding is a non issue here. I wouldn't worry about that. Thats just points and a fine. If you escape with points alone that would be a good deal.

Concentrate on the perverting.

I am very sorry.