ioverview, I bought a £75 candle from jo loves a very well

Customer Question

overview, I bought a £75 candle from jo loves a very well know company from jo Malone. it blew up and marked my carpet and table, they haven't offered me and replacement and are refusing to return the candle for unknown reasons.

Your candle has just cracked spontaneously and a flame has marked my laminate table!
The glass consistency doesn't look thick enough to withstand the heat!
I'm now hoovering up glass and have taken photos to show you what happened.
My poor table was very expensive!! I'm not impressed.
The candle now has a massive whole in the glass.
Bad day for me, candles, tables and Jo loves.

Thank you for your email and for bringing this to our attention.Firstly let me offer our sincerest apologies regarding your candle.
The glass used for our candles is of the highest quality and widely used. This obviously should not have happened and is the first incident we have had reported.
Please could you urgently send me through the photographs so we can see the damage and we can investigate the matter with our manufacturer.
Many thanks and we look forward to hearing from you.
With kindest regards,
Good afternoon,

I recently posted you the candle that I had previously reported to you had marked my beautiful table by exploding, which could have been more serious had I not been in the room.

I have retuned the candle to you, so you can see, yet have heard nothing from you. If you are using different glass that cannot tolerate heat I thought you would want to know in case you potentially burn a house down or main a child. (Both of which could have happened).

My table is ruined and now has a strategic coaster forever more, my carpet has a burn mark, and I'm very Suprised not to have heard back from you.

Any explanation why the silence?

Thank you for your message and for returning the candle to us.
The candle is currently being assessed by our candle manufacturer. We are now awaiting one final piece of feedback, upon which we will be in touch

Good afternoon,
It's been two working weeks since I last heard of any progress regarding the faulty candle.

no email just pictures scan in pictures of the cert etc which i dont believe.

INSERT CERT FROM FRANCE AND PICTURE OF CANDLE but shows damage so not good enough, so i disbelieve and want to send it for testing myself

Obviously this is bullshit.
Can you please all read this email and look for inaccuracies in it.
Why would I pay £8 to post a 75% unused candle back to somebody?

Please return the candle in full to me so I can obtain my own report as I assure you as a former dedicated customer, with my whole house covered in candles, my bathroom crammed with your products, that I wouldnt have gone to this trouble had it not damaged my table and potentially maimed childten children and burned down my house.
Obviously we are not familiar with each other, but got somebody as busy as me to take the time and at my own expense to post a half used candle to you, would be of absolutely no benefit to my life.
I can assure you I have house insurance, and plenty of candles that it would be a very curious thing for he to do.
The candle arrived in pieces as it had combusted. If you had read the email you might have been aware of that.
Every single shard has been delivered to you;
So naturally I will want everything back. Please in the original envelope.
I'm unsure as to why when stated in my first email that the candle was broken from the top that you would query why it was in a Jiffy bag? The contents alone are sufficient.
Again as it was in my house I have all the evidence I need.
The benefit of knowing the truth and being there at the time means I know full well that this matter is worth pursuing; due to the fact you have insulted my intergrity, I will take this very seriously.
An indication of your diligence in all matters is clear to be mininal; due to the the fact I have had to ask you twice to follow up; which like a child you need reminding, and further more it took to me taking time to have to call you to get a progress update, which magically appeared the day after which suggests from your 3pm finish yesterday that you aren't exactly the most dedicated person for a company.
This suprised me as I have never had to deal with you before, it has been shockingly bad.
Two little jobs for you;
1.return the candle
2.repky to your emails. IT'S YOUR JOB!!!

I’ve been following your complaint over recent months and would like the opportunity to speak with you on the phone.
Do you a number with which I can call you?

Hi Gary,
Probably best to keep everything written, so as to both keep records.Kind regards,
Hi Kelly
I’m happy to continue by email but was conscious that the exchange was becoming a little emotive. I’d like us to reach a sensible solution without it becoming protracted.As you know we can only assess the issue based on the evidence provided. This we’ve done thoroughl

AlexWatts2013 : Hello my name is Alex and I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply as this is not an ‘on demand’ live service, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return.
AlexWatts2013 : What is the cost of the damage?