Senior Partner
Senior Partner, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor with more than 30 years experience
18726264

my great aunt anne and pauline died a good few years back my

Customer Question

my great aunt anne and pauline died a good few years back my father was promised a big sum from anne . my grandmother and her sister netta claimed they had no money to keep their house and had some of the nephews sign the assets to them. but what about my dad he was in the will!!! i was also in my great uncles will but i havent recieved any confirmtion of that. what is going on is this allowed
Expert:  Senior Partner replied 4 years ago.
Do you know who the executors of the will were? have you got a copy of the will? If you have not then the first thing to do is to find out exactly what was in the will. Wills are publicly available and you can contact the local probate registry to find it . See here:http://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/probate/copies-of-grants-wills

Of course the executors are bound to distribute the assets in accordance with the will unless all the beneficiaries agree or the court orders otherwise.

So far as your great uncle is concerned again the executors should contact you and if they have not and you are sure you were in the will you should contact them.

The executors must follow the terms of the will so if they are not doing so you may have a claim.