12826847

I live in a Cul de Sac and it is circular, I have a drive the

Customer Question

I live in a Cul de Sac and it is circular, I have a drive the neighbour does not but one gate post serves both houses, mine double gates for the drive, theirs a single gate. As it is a circle people tend to park facing into the centre as does the neighbour and she lines the car up to the party gate post half of the cars rear imposing on the dropped kerb.. She insists it is legal however more than half of my exit is blocked causing risk of damage to my van (wheelchair adapted). I assume that if the road was straight and her car was parked parallel it would be reasonable, however it is not but parked at 90 degrees to the footpath
who is wrong? please
Expert:  tdlawyer replied 4 years ago.

tdlawyer :

Good morning, welcome to Justanswer.

tdlawyer :

My name is Tony and I shall help you with your question.

tdlawyer :

Can you tell me what the initial response from the police was please? Did they suggest you seek a solicitor's advice as it was a civil matter?

JACUSTOMER-xmvy40bn- :

The Police could not attend at this time so really could not assess the situation however they did speak to the neighbour on the phone and say she wasn't prepared to budge.. they have passed the matter on to the local beat officer for further investigation/assessment who will see what can be done after the lines have been placed on the road.

JACUSTOMER-xmvy40bn- :

In the mean time I guess I'll have to suffer the stupidity

tdlawyer :

Hi. Is there anything more I can usefully discuss about this with you?

JACUSTOMER-xmvy40bn- :

As yet my question has most definitely not been answered, I have a dropped kerb and they are parking over it surely there's a point of law here so it can't be civil as it involves the road traffic act.

HI.

Thank you for your question . My name is Jo and I will try to help with this.

I will be able to help with this.

Is this a road maintained by the local council ? Or unadopted private land?