75100385

Hi im a garage owner in the uk, and we are Honda specialists

Customer Question

Hi im a garage owner in the uk, and we are Honda specialist's my truck is stickered up using a similar Honda logo and writing. Is this legal iv paid for it to be done properly and the man said its fine because its different from the original. Many thanks for help Simon.

AlexWatts2013 : Hello my name is Alex and I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply as this is not an ‘on demand’ live service, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return.
AlexWatts2013 : Do you think a customer could confuse your logo with Hondas please?
JACUSTOMER-ztuye2b4- : It is slightly different to the Honda H but a customer would more than likely think it looks like the Honda 'H'. Could we keep the H but change it to Blue maybe?
JACUSTOMER-ztuye2b4- : Many thanks for your help. We're just a small independent garage that can offer customers a much better (in our opinion) alternative. But obviously don't want to get into a legal battle about or ads. Best regards.
AlexWatts2013 : Have you shown the design to Honda at all?
JACUSTOMER-ztuye2b4- : No.
AlexWatts2013 : The test is is it confusingly similar in that a customer would be confused between your logo and writing and Hondas. If the answer is yes then that is breach.
AlexWatts2013 : the more similar it is to Hondas the more likely it is to be a breach of copyright.
AlexWatts2013 : can I clarify anything?