12826847

I live in a converted apartment in a converted grade 2 listed

Customer Question

I live in a converted apartment in a converted grade 2 listed building. There are 3/4 floors to the building. Does the building need a centrally controlled linked to the fire station fire detection system in all apartments or just an alarm system to the communal areas? The apartments have fire proof doors and there lathe and plaster walls.
Expert:  Stuart J replied 4 years ago.

Hello, I am Law Denning and I am a practising solicitor. I have been an expert on this website in UK law since 2008. During that time, as you appreciate, I have answered thousands of questions from satisfied users on a variety of subjects.
Because we are all in practice with clients and court and other users, I might not always respond in minutes, particularly evenings and weekends. Please bear with me in that case. I will be online and off-line all day today.

It is my pleasure to try and assist you with this today. Please bear with me while I gather some further information from you in order for me to be able to advise you fully.

Are you the owner of the apartment?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I am the owner of one of the apartments of which there are 30.

Expert:  Stuart J replied 4 years ago.
I am just away from my computer however I will repond to you on my return. There is no need for you to reply.
Expert:  Stuart J replied 4 years ago.
There is no requirement to have a radio or telephone link back to the fire station.
The ideal of the alarm is to alert the residents.
You let me know what your particular concern is I can probably expand.
Does that answer the question? Can I help further? Can I answer any specific points?