Nicola-mod
Nicola-mod, Moderator
Experience:  Moderator
73944119

I have obtained a Do it Yourself printed Will pack from W.H.

Customer Question

I have obtained a 'Do it Yourself' printed Will pack from W.H. Smiths. When filled in, signed and witnessed, should this be notarised. It is simply leaving all assets equally to our children.

Thank you very much. Ella
Thank you for your question
I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
Provided that you are happy that you have completed the forms correctly then there is no need to show them to a solicitor - indeed there is no. Point I doing so as this would cost as much as having them prepare simple Wills anyway.
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further information.
Claire
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Can you possibly tell me approximately how much a solicitor would charge to draw up a simple will from my draft please?

Thanks,

Ella.

On average a Will tends to cost about £90 to £100 or so - but if you can wait until November you may be able to take advantage of Will Aid - where you can make a donation of your choice
Details here
http://www.willaid.org.uk/
Claire
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 3 years ago.

Just a quick reminder, there is an unrated answer waiting for you here from the Professional.

If the Expert was helpful, rating their answer as satisfactory transfers your deposit to them – this is how the Expert is compensated.

To rate your answer, you can go to your question page, and click one of the five faces below your Expert's answer. Please be sure you are logged in with your username and password or you will not be able to view or rate your answer.

If you still need help with your question, please feel free to reply to the Expert on this question page. You may ask as many follow-up questions on the same question page as you need until you are satisfied.