12826847

A GUY HAS JUST BROUGHT A TRIKE OF MY WIFE SOLD AS SEEN AND

Customer Question

A GUY HAS JUST BROUGHT A TRIKE OF MY WIFE SOLD AS SEEN AND HE ROAD IT AND CHECKED IT SOLD AT REDUCED PRICE £250 OF ORIGINAL PRICE HE HAS ROAD THE BIKE HOME, HALF WAY HOME 3HR LATER CALLS ME TO SAY GEARBOX HAS BLOWN UP AND HE HAS ASKED FOR HIS MONEY BACK i HAVE SAID NO i SOLD IT TO HIM IN GOOD FAITH HE SAYS IT WAS NOT FIT FOR THE PURPOSE
HI.

Thank you for your question . My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

How can I help with this?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

for jomo1972

the guy wants the RAC to bring the trike back here to me and I am saying its not my fault we do not want it back do I have to take it back and return him his money the bike ran ok with us it is just bad luck what do we do this was my wifes trike

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

the guy is getting the RAC to bring it back to me saying it was not fit for the purpose and wanting his money back we sold it to him in good fath it was my wifes trike and she had no problems with it

So how can I help with this?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

the guy comes to my house to view my wifes trike he rides it he is happy with it and pays me I give him reciept and state sold as seen he does not pay full price £250 LESS he rides off then 3 hrs later his mum calls me from motorway saying the gearbox has blown up and they want to return it vie RAC and collect there money back as they state it is not fit for the purpose I have said no way I sold it to you in good faith all working ok , so where do I stand we are not trike dealers my wife has had no problems and we cannot be responcable for his drivng,

Is your question whether she is liable or not?