12826847

i am a committee member of a social club, within a hospital.

Customer Question

i am a committee member of a social club, within a hospital. We have been served notice to close in march 2014, putting 4 people out of work. We have been informed that the executive committee are responsible for redundancy payments, as the direct employer, but question whether termination of the lease is our responsibility? The hospital wishes to sell off land, and redevelop, but has not yet sought advice on sale< (as its green belt) and seems to be being disingenuous in terminating our contract. We negotiated a 5 year extension in 2008, and they are now using this contract to say it was the final extension. There are two executive committee members, and I am one, and have been informed that I may have to sell my house to meet the costs of closure. any advice you can offer will be much appreciated.
Expert:  Stuart J replied 3 years ago.
Do you have a specific question?
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 3 years ago.

Just a quick reminder, there is an information request here from the Expert. This means they need to know more details before they will be able to give you a full answer.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

please inform me of further information required

Expert:  Stuart J replied 3 years ago.
I am going to opt out of this for another expert. The thread will now open to all experts. There is no need for you to do anything and please don’t not reply otherwise it comes back into my inbox. Another expert, with the suitable expertise, will be along shortly.

It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.