I am trying to lay the bate to get a number of Ghanaian scammers

Customer Question

I am trying to lay the bate to get a number of Ghanaian scammers arrested... I am working with the help of the Ghana Police. I want to send a sum of money via Western Union's money transfer system and the Police have asked WU (via email) to put a stop on the transaction as soon as the receiver presents him/herself to draw the cash and also to immediately inform the police for an instant arrest. Western Union Fraud Department have been emailed by the Ghana Police as they requested in order to put this 'trap' into place. WU are dragging their feet and there is no one to talk to to speed this process up before the scammers 'smell a rat'.... This is urgent what can I/we do? No one at WU who I have been able to talk to seems to have access to the powers that be in their Fraud Dept!
Expert:  Stuart J replied 3 years ago.
I am afraid that Western Union is used by many scammers because the money is untraceable.

Are you sure that you are not being scammed yourself? How much money have you been asked to send?

is this your money?

How did the police get in touch with you?

What would you like to know about this?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have already been scammed for a lot of money!

I contacted the Ghana Police Service through their official website here

The Ghana Police are putting a trace on the mobile phones that are being used. The police are also asking Western Union for their assistance in tracing the location at which a specific transaction will be made. According to WU this is possible but only through an express request by the police.

The money used as the bate will be mine but only a relatively small amount but will not in fact be handed over.

I want to know how I can talk to the WU Fraud Department to get things speeded up!

Expert:  Stuart J replied 3 years ago.
That is not a legal question. That is a question between you and Western Union am afraid. I will opt out because I am unable to assist.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

OK service

I see the other expert has left the conversation - can I help at all as I aim familiar with 419 scams?