Nicola-mod, Moderator
Experience:  Moderator

ive just arrived back home from holiday -i was supposed to

Customer Question

ive just arrived back home from holiday -i was supposed to fly with ryenair last night at 22.20 pm with my wife and my 7 year old son.we were offered no refreshments even though we had no money and the cash point machine was not functioning ,the staff at reus airport offered us a room in a hotel and said it was free along with the taxi fare but the driver declined and demanded money obviously we had no money and had to sleep on floor of airport -we checked in at 8-45 am and eventually got off the ground at 10.40 am (SPAINISH TIME ).I have now missed a massive appointment with my surgeon at 11.50 am ,i have all the paper work for this appointment .Ive tried to email ryenair to complain but there is no address ,ive since spoke to an employee who as given me a PO BOX to complain -my phone number is XXXXX 76 319116 -if you want to discuss -the cabin crew seem to have lied about why we never flew because a spainish engineer told us it was due to an oil leak which was completely different to the excuse they gave all the passengers!
Expert:  Stuart J replied 3 years ago.
so what exactly would you like to know about this?
is it particularly with regard to the appointment with the surgeon?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no i want to to know what to do -me and my family have just arrived home from reus airport and are very tired -can ryanair just leave you in airport with no money and not provide food and drink for my family

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
i want to know -what is the best cause off action after the terrible way we been treated
Expert:  Stuart J replied 3 years ago.
Expect Ryanair to deny liability. I have heard them horror stories many times.
However there are statutory rules to help you. And they are here

what you get depends on the length of the flight and if it is under 1500 km, then it has to be delayed for at least four hours.
This does not apply to things which are beyond the airlines reasonable control such as volcanoes, whether and industrial action and although Ryanair will deny it, problems with the aeroplane do not fall into that category. Things do not go wrong with the aeroplane if properly maintained.
If you have insurance, then get your insurance company to deal with this.
If you do not have insurance, you are then faced with dealing with Ryanair yourself.

Martin Lewis is put together this extremely useful chart which in my opinion is far more useful than that coming from ABTA which is detailed above. It is almost as though ABTA are given just enough information to protect the travel company rather than actually telling travellers what they are entitled to.

Does that answer the question? Can I help further? Can I answer any specific points?
If you have not done already, please don't forget to positively rate my answer service even if it was not what you wanted to hear. You should now see a series of buttons which enable you to rate my answer service formally.
If you don't rate it positively, then the site keep your deposit and I get 0 for my time. It is imperative that you give my answer a positive rating.
It doesn’t give me, “a pat on the head”, “good boy” (like ebay), it is my livelihood!
If in ratings you feel that you expected more or it only helped a little, please ask.
The thread does remain open for me to answer follow-up questions after rating my answer service.
Rating doesn’t close the enquiry at all even though the site may give that impression, it is wrong). It remains open for you to read and ask for further clarification.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

we were stuck at airport do you think if i ring my insurers they will pursue my claim with legal represention for free, my insurerance company is hsbc -we are covered yearly through a specific bank account -will the insurers write to ryenair or do i need to write as well?

Expert:  Stuart J replied 3 years ago.
to be honest, I would not rely on the insurance company although they should deal with this for you. I think it is better to batter Ryanair from both angles.
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 3 years ago.

Just a quick reminder, there is an unrated answer waiting for you here from the Professional.

If the Expert was helpful, rating their answer as satisfactory transfers your deposit to them – this is how the Expert is compensated.

To rate your answer, you can go to your question page, and click one of the five faces below your Expert's answer. Please be sure you are logged in with your username and password or you will not be able to view or rate your answer.

If you still need help with your question, please feel free to reply to the Expert on this question page. You may ask as many follow-up questions on the same question page as you need until you are satisfied.