tdlawyer
tdlawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  11 years experience of general practice.
73598664

I have recently built an extension to my property and during

Customer Question

I have recently built an extension to my property and during the build I needed to walk upon my neighbours flat roof. I had asked permission from the neighbour to which they had no problem. Within a couple of weeks I had a phone call from the neighbour to say that they had water coming through the roof. I telephoned a specialist roofing company who came out the next day to repair the roof only to be told that the area of roof where water was entering the property was nothing to do with anything from my part. I was told it was due to the age of the roof and bad workmanship.
I am now being taken to court as the neighbour has told me they had to pay out £3500 for damages caused. Where do I stand with this.
Expert:  tdlawyer replied 4 years ago.

tdlawyer :

Hello and welcome to Justanswer.

tdlawyer :

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you with this.

tdlawyer :

Do you have a report from the roofing company you instructed to say it's not your walking on the roof that causes the problem?