Nicola-mod
Nicola-mod, Moderator
Experience:  Moderator
73944119

HI THERE I WAS EXPECTING A PACKAGE TO BE DELIVERED BY DPD

Customer Question

HI THERE

I WAS EXPECTING A PACKAGE TO BE DELIVERED BY DPD CURIER SERVICE. AS THE PACKAGE NEVER ARRIVED I HAVE CONTACTED DPD JUST TO BE INFORMED THAT THEY INFACT DELIVERED TO MY ADRESS AND THAT THE PACKAGE HAS BEEN SIGNED BY MU NEIGHBOUR WHO IS CLAIMING THAT HE HAS NEVER SIGNED FOR THE PACKAGE.
DPD PROVIDED ME WITH THE COPY OF SIGNED DELIVERY NOTE BY MY NEIGHBOUR WITH HES SIGNATURE AND HES NAME ON IT.

WHAT SHOULD I DO NOW ?

Please advise. THANK yOU
Expert:  Stuart J replied 3 years ago.
Hello, I am Law Denning and I am a practising solicitor. I have been an expert on this website in UK law since 2008. During that time, as you appreciate, I have answered thousands of questions from satisfied users on a variety of subjects.
Because we are all in practice with clients and court and other users, I might not always respond in minutes, particularly evenings and weekends. Please bear with me in that case. I will be online and off-line all day today.

It is my pleasure to try and assist you with this today. Please bear with me while I gather some further information from you in order for me to be able to advise you fully.

Have you told your neigbour they have his signature?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi There.

my client confronted the neighbour but he is still claiming that it wasn't him.

Expert:  Stuart J replied 3 years ago.
I am confused. You say that you’re expecting a package but then you say that your client confronted the neighbour. Please explain.
Assuming that the Courier had done something wrong, how would they know the neighbour’s name?
Is it a particularly high value package, laptop, electrical goods etc?
Has the neighbour shown their genuine signature to prove that it is not them?
Do you get on with the neighbour? Is there any history?
Are you prepared to go to the police with this?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
My client was expecting delivery of new set of tyres . When the parcel didn't arrived he contacted the supplier who confirmed that the tyres has been shipped and delivered. Supplier asked DPD for proof of delivery. DPD send us a copy of the document signed with the neighbour name . Whether the signature is genuine we don't know but the name is defiantly correct .
There is no history between my client and the neighbour . This is the typical London flat shared by 2 families . The courier delivered to correct address but allowed someone else sign for the delivery. Now the tyres are missing.
Expert:  Stuart J replied 3 years ago.
I know you probably don't know the answer to this but I'm going to ask anyway.
Has the Courier had the tyres away or has the neighbour had them away?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Courier told us that the tyres have been delivered and left with the neighbour. Can we request from the courier to confirm if the driver have left them with specific person if we provide the courier with the picture of a neighbour? .If they use regular drivers then the driver may remember.?
Expert:  Stuart J replied 3 years ago.
Do I detect a suspicion that you suspect that the neighbour has indeed had the tyres?
Expert:  Stuart J replied 3 years ago.
Excellent. Couldn’t be better.
The local authority arrange the towing and their agents damage the car.
They are therefore jointly liable for the damage. I would write to the local authority giving them the photographs and copy of the damage report and telling them that they are responsible for this damage and if they do not pay up, you will sue them in the Small Claims Court. You can do it quite easily here

www.moneyclaim.gov.uk

I would give them 21 days to reply in the latter but give them until a particular date, rather than a number of days, so that there can be no dispute over when the deadline expires
It is not worth involving a solicitor even on a no win no fee basis because even if you win, they will not get their costs paid and if this goes all the way to a hearing, it could easily cost between £1000 and £2000.
In addition, I would not be wasting time exchanging copious correspondence.
Does that answer the question? Can I help further? Can I answer any specific points?
If you have not done already, please don't forget to positively rate my answer service even if it was not what you wanted to hear. You should now see a series of buttons which enable you to rate my answer service formally.
If you don't rate it positively, then the site keep your deposit and I get 0 for my time. It is imperative that you give my answer a positive rating.
It doesn’t give me, “a pat on the head”, “good boy” (like ebay), it is my livelihood!
If in ratings you feel that you expected more or it only helped a little, please ask.
The thread does remain open for me to answer follow-up questions after rating my answer service.
Rating doesn’t close the enquiry at all even though the site may give that impression, it is wrong). It remains open for you to read and ask for further clarification.
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 3 years ago.

Just a quick reminder, there is an unrated answer waiting for you here from the Professional.

If the Expert was helpful, rating their answer as satisfactory transfers your deposit to them – this is how the Expert is compensated.

To rate your answer, you can go to your question page, and click one of the five faces below your Expert's answer. Please be sure you are logged in with your username and password or you will not be able to view or rate your answer.

If you still need help with your question, please feel free to reply to the Expert on this question page. You may ask as many follow-up questions on the same question page as you need until you are satisfied.