12826847

we have a property that has been rented out for 6 years. It

Customer Question

we have a property that has been rented out for 6 years. It has an open fire that is not in use ever and has a ballon in place at the top of the chimney. New tenants moved in and demanding the chimney was swept as they were expecting a baby and the soot was a cause for concern and they did not want it going on to the light coloured carpet. the chimney was swept £40 but the lanldord is refusing to pay and says the tenants should pay can you help me out on this?
Expert:  Stuart J replied 4 years ago.
Hello, I am Law Denning and I am a practising solicitor. I have been an expert on this website in UK law since 2008. During that time, as you appreciate, I have answered thousands of questions from satisfied users on a variety of subjects.
Because we are all in practice with clients and court and other users, I might not always respond in minutes, particularly evenings and weekends. Please bear with me in that case. I will be online and off-line all day today.

It is my pleasure to try and assist you with this today. Please bear with me while I gather some further information from you in order for me to be able to advise you fully.

Do you actually own the property?
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 4 years ago.

Just a quick reminder, there is an information request here from the Expert. This means they need to know more details before they will be able to give you a full answer.