Nicola-mod
Nicola-mod, Moderator
Experience:  Moderator
73944119

I signed up with an advertising company to have my advert appear

Customer Question

I signed up with an advertising company to have my advert appear in a local play centre magazine. The advert was for two years but I have only ever had one advert and now I am trying to cancel the advert but I cannot contact the company. If I do not cancel in writing before the end of the month then the contract will continue and they will take payment again this December and the next. According to the contract they are entitled to their payment for this December as I did not cancel in time for this payment, however I don't want to continue paying again next year. I have tried emailing them to get a contact name to send the letter too and it will not get through. They no longer have a website and the phone is disconnected. It appears that the company no longer exists and since doing some research I have found a huge amount of complaints about this company and how basically they have scammed a lot of people. Although it appears that they no longer exist I am convinced that someone will still take the money. If I stop payment in December will they be able to send debt collectors even though the company no longer exists and that they have never produced any more adverts for me? How do I go about cancelling when there is nobody there to sign for the recorded delivery letter I want to send? Sorry for the stupid questions?
Expert:  Joshua replied 4 years ago.

Joshua :

Thanks for your question. Please kindly RATE my answer when you are satisfied

Joshua :

Was the company a limited company plese?

Joshua :

How were you paying - e.g. credit card?

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 3 years ago.

Just a quick reminder, there is an information request here from the Expert. This means they need to know more details before they will be able to give you a full answer.