75100385

Dear Sir/Madam, I would like to serve an injunction on the

Customer Question

Dear Sir/Madam,
I would like to serve an injunction on the assets of a third party. This person, a financial advisor, was suspended for financial irregularities and has consequences killed himself.
This person invested £130k on my behalf and I fear this investment may be lost. Are you able to give advice on the problem.
Best Regards
XXXXX XXXXX
Expert:  tdlawyer replied 3 years ago.

tdlawyer :

Hello, welcome to Justanswer. I shall help you with your query.

tdlawyer :

Do you have any reason to believe that the company/individual concerned will dissipate their assets, for example, to prevent you from enforcing your judgment if you get one, perhaps by moving the money to another country or hiding it away?

JACUSTOMER-1z60mn6a- :

have heard that family are attempting to sell small items ie wine, whilst this is a small item it could be the tip of an iceburgh. It is believed that the money has been invested privately and know one appears to know where

tdlawyer :

Okay. In order to obtain an injunction freezing the assets of a potential defendant, you will need to demonstrate to the court that they are in the process of dissipating, or there is a real risk of dissipating their assets.

tdlawyer :

This is not necessarily all that difficult to do. Of course, it does depend upon the circumstances of every individual case. However, where you do have a reasonable suspicion of this, the court will often grant a freezing injunction, although it is important you apply for this promptly, and without disclosing it to the other side.

tdlawyer :

It is important that you maintain secrecy, about a potential application for a freezing injunction. If you tell the other side, that's a reason for the court to decline making such an order.

tdlawyer :

Are you intending to do this yourself, or through solicitors?

tdlawyer :

Are you still there?

tdlawyer :

Are you there still?

JACUSTOMER-1z60mn6a- :

still await your reply to my answers given earlier

tdlawyer :

Hello. I was trying to answer you earlier. I had asked whether you intended to use solicitors? I was going to explain some of the procedure to you.

tdlawyer :

What would you specifically like me to address for you?

JACUSTOMER-1z60mn6a- :

responded to your last question before 19.00hrs this evening

tdlawyer :

Unfortunately, your reply does not show up on my screen. Would you mind cutting and pasting it for me please so I can see what you wrote?

tdlawyer :

Did you get my last response at 9:25 PM?

JACUSTOMER-1z60mn6a- :

Are you receiving my reply!!!!!!!!!!!!

JACUSTOMER-1z60mn6a- :

Sorry about that have now found your responses i'am not that good with computers - would not know how to cut/paste, not sure of my next move would consider using a solicitor depending upon cost

I see the previous expert had opted out - can you see any of his replies?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes can now see them all

Is there anything else you would like to ask or does the above cover it? Alex

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no thank you, I will now review the options

thanks

John

Ok if you need further assistance then please do not hesitate to contact me. Please also take a moment to rate m service, not the previous expert as it is an important part of the process and only take a second. Alex