75100385

i have been left a legacy but cant have it until i am 25 but

Customer Question

i have been left a legacy but cant have it until i am 25 but it states it should be invested to earn interest, when does that legacy start earning interest

AlexWatts2013 : Hello my name is Alex and I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply as this is not an ‘on demand’ live service, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return.
AlexWatts2013 : It should start earning interest at the point it was invested.
AlexWatts2013 : Can I clarify anything for you?
JACUSTOMER-z017n4qx- :

hello it has not yet been invested, even after 20 months since death of my grandfather, who left me the money, but i have found out that the trustee's who are the other beneficaries have just earnt £56k interest on a bond. It seems unfair

AlexWatts2013 : I agree it is unfair but terms are clear, if it said should be invested within 30 days that would be different, but it does not. You only earn once it is invested. You should press for it to be done so as soon as possible.
AlexWatts2013 : If this fully answers your question, please take a moment before you leave and rate my service, it only takes a second and is an important part of the process. Otherwise if you need more information or help then please click reply. Alex