13262538

My daughters father is taking me to court to get contact he

Customer Question

My daughter's father is taking me to court to get contact he has had very little contact since she was born she is now 8 he lives in Middlesbrough I live in Essex were would the case be conducted
Thank you for your question
I shall do my best to assist you, but I need some further information first.
How often has he seen her in the last two years and what contact have you offered?
Claire
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

he has not seen her in the last 2 years which has been his chose and when he has asked to see her i have allowed it but as he is in and out of her life i have now refused contact

Why have you refused it altogether?
Claire
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i want something legal in place that he has to stick too as he has said so many times before that he will see her then we dont here from him for a year or so

That is entirely reasonable - so in those circumstances what contact would you feel would be appropriate?
Claire
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

as he lives in middlesbrough he can do one weekend a month which im happy to do just concerend that im going to have to travel there to go to court

So you are willing to offer one weekend a month if he comes down is that right?
Claire
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes i just want to know if it goes to court will it take place in middlesbrough where he lives or essex where i live

If he does apply in Middlesbrough the the Court will Transfer tit to your local Court so that if any reports are needed they can be done by the local CAFCASS officer!.
When CAFCASS call you you should make it plain that you are willing to agree to contact - but that the past history means you want him to prove his commitment by obtaining an Order
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Claire
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thank you for your help

You are most welcome
I hope all goes well
Claire