My Father in Law is an Agricultural Tenant, on a large and

Customer Question

My Father in Law is an Agricultural Tenant, on a large and privately owned Estate. He is in his early 80s, and for the last 10 years, we've been paying his rent demands, to his landlords. We have also been farming the land, for that period. We are aware, because of the 3rd. generation clause, and because the farm is only 38 acres, that my wife has no right to inheritance.

Do we, or would we, upon my Father in Law's death, have any rights to a protected tenancy, in any form?

Many thanks.
Expert:  Stuart J replied 3 years ago.
Hello, I am Law Denning and I am a practising solicitor. I have been an expert on this website in UK law since 2008. During that time, as you appreciate, I have answered thousands of questions from satisfied users on a variety of subjects.
Because we are all in practice with clients and court and other users, I might not always respond in minutes, particularly evenings and weekends. Please bear with me in that case. I will be online and off-line all day today.

It is my pleasure to try and assist you with this today. Please bear with me while I gather some further information from you in order for me to be able to advise you fully.

How long has your family farmed the land?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I've not received any contact, but am being asked for further information. I've yet to read your question.

Expert:  Stuart J replied 3 years ago.
I am going to opt out of this for another expert to consider. Please do not reply or it comes back into my inbox. Another expert will pick it up at some stage. It is now open to all experts.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Reading further, it seems that your service is a rip off. I now find that I've been charged for a service which I haven't received, despite an opening assurance that I would not be charged unless I was satisfied. Now I find that if I don't rate you, then `"The Site" keeps my money, and you get no credit. If I don't hear from you that you have terminated our contract, and returned my money,. to my account, tomorrow I shall approach the Law Society.