12826847

My Great Grandfather (X) owned a Quarry on a mountain, he owned

Customer Question

My Great Grandfather (X) owned a Quarry on a mountain, he owned it in fee simple and the last legal document from the land Registry is dated in 1914 and is in (X)'s name. (X) had a big family and most of them emigrated to America, however my grandfather (Y) the son of (X) worked the granite quarry all his working life, it was known to be his. Anyway ( Y) had 2 sons and 6 daughters all are now deceased apart from 3 remaining daughters of (Y). ( Y) died leaving no Will mentioning this quarry...so I have just come back from the Land Registry according to them this Quarry is still in the name of (X) back in 1914. Can I ask who legally owns this Quarry today?
Expert:  Senior Partner replied 4 years ago.
HI. Is anyone in actual possession of the Quarry? Did Y predecease his children? what happened to his estate? Did X leave a will? What happened to his estate?