13262538

If you inherit £150,000 do you still get DLA if on Disability

Customer Question

If you inherit £150,000 do you still get DLA if on Disability benefit?
Also, my x husband died intestate. He left a wife and 8 year old son in the house which is worth about £200,000. In law, wife gets it all and my children don't get anything. Can this be contested? He doted on my kids and was always there for them when he was alive. Wife is selling the house to live with her dad and putting money in her bank. Hence my first question also.
Thank you for your question
I shall do my best to help you but need some further information first.
How old are your children and were they still financially dependnet on their father?
Claire
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

my children are adult. 24 and 20. Their Dad was always there for them and helped them financially too. He loved them.

Did your ex leave any other assets?
Claire
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

no

Then I am afraid that the Intestacy Rules cannot be over turned and the widow can do with the house what she wishes and there is no claim that your children can make
DLA is not a means tested benefit and she is able to have as much capital as she wishes
I am sorry that I could not give you better news.
Claire