12826847

Who qualifies as a sitting tenant ?

Customer Question

Who qualifies as a sitting tenant ?
Expert:  Stuart J replied 4 years ago.
Hello, I am Law Denning and I am a practising solicitor. I have been an expert on this website in UK law since 2008. During that time, as you appreciate, I have answered thousands of questions from satisfied users on a variety of subjects.
Because we are all in practice with clients and court and other users, I might not always respond in minutes, particularly evenings and weekends. Please bear with me in that case. I will be online and off-line all day today.

It is my pleasure to try and assist you with this today. Please bear with me while I gather some further information from you in order for me to be able to advise you fully.

Are you the tenant in question?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

No I am not the tenant I am the landlord My tenant has been in occupation since 1997

Expert:  Stuart J replied 4 years ago.
What kind of tenancy do they have ? An assured shorthold?
We need full background please. Thanks
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

My daughter is in occupation by verbal agreement dated 1997, she pays a nominal rent of £182 PER MONTH.

Expert:  Stuart J replied 4 years ago.
I am just away from my computer but have seen your reply, I will come back to you as soon as possible.

There is no need for you to reply.
Expert:  Stuart J replied 4 years ago.
I am going to opt out of this for another expert. The thread will now open to all experts. There is no need for you to do anything and please don’t not reply otherwise it comes back into my inbox. Another expert, with the suitable expertise, will be along shortly.
Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply as this is not an ‘on demand’ live service, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return.

Does she have a rent book or other matters of that nature please?