75100385

Good Morning, I am an leaseholder of an licenced restaurant.

Customer Question

Good Morning, I am an leaseholder of an licenced restaurant. recently the local authority had carried out a food hygiene inspection, the assessor was not satisfied with the property as they found small traces of mice dropping due to small holes in the building structure, the assessor closed the premises and issued a court notice, i was told that if i can carry out remedial works after getting a servey done and teh assessor is satisfied, then no need to go to court, we have carried out the works and the assessor from the local authority has given us the satisfactory report, however they also sent a large bill for their work of visiting the premises and still need to go court. they never mentioned that they will charge to revisit the property after the works were done. do local authorities charge the business usually? is that right for them to do as they never mentioned it once during their visits?

AlexWatts2013 :

Hello my name is Alex and I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply as this is not an ‘on demand’ live service, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return.

AlexWatts2013 :

What offences have you been summonsed with please?