12826847

hi im currently having a new bathroom fitted. I was told

Customer Question

hi im currently having a new bathroom fitted.

I was told at the time of purchase by the owner that it would take 4days at most to complete. I live alone so I didn't have options to stay in another place whilst the work was being carried out.

however work started on Tuesday 19/august 2013. But there was only one man working on the whole completion. And he advised at the start of work that it would take up to 5 days to complete and this entailed over a weekend so I would be left without washing/bathing facilities. So this was extending the time for completion to 7 days!! so this became unacceptable to me. I tried discussing my disappointment with the owner-- but to my shock -horror his whole attitude was most inappropriate as he started Shouting at me and HE ADVISED I WAS THE VERY WORSE customer---He then ordered the workman who was present throughout the whole incident.--"to walk out" on THE job leaving me with only a toilet pan!! I was absolutely horrified at his attitude and aggression towards me. He continued to shout and rant and rave like a man who had big problems. He was accusing me of being a liar.--- as he said that I was well advised it would be 5 days completion but I tried to explain [to no avail] as he was still being very aggressive and pointing his finger at me that I had no choice to tell him to leave my house. He refused to leave--and I had to threaten him with the Police it took another3=4 minutes to leave to leave and again he ordered workman out of house with him I told him I would be reporting his inappropriate behaviour and being so aggressive towards a lone female.
I felt very threatened being female on my own as he was quite large guy. The workman was not getting involved! I felt very vulnerable and afraid being in this situation!! as he seemed out of control!! THE WORKEN IS STILL WILLING TO COMPLETE MY BATHROOM AS HE IS ONLY CONTRACTED OUT.
CAN YOU ADVISE ME ON WHAT TO DO NEXT I DONT WANT THIS MAN BACK INTO MY HOME!!! THE WORKMAN ADVISED HE HAS HEARD HIM BEING AGGRESSIVE WITH CUSTOMERS ON THE PHONE.
IM IN BIT OF SHOCK!! IM ALONE AND FEELING VERY VULNERABLE AND HELPLESS THAT THIS MAN CAN GET AWAY WITH THIS!!!
when I said he told me 4days at the latest all would be complete.get e lostthe plot and in
HI.

Thank you for your question . My name is Jo and I will try to help with this.

Did you agree that time was of the essence?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

yes

thanks charlie

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

yes jomo1972

You actually used the words 'time is of the essence'?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

ive not received answer!!!! jomo1972

Thats because you haven't responded to my information request.