75100385

A tenant in a property which we own died about 9 months ago. Their

Customer Question

A tenant in a property which we own died about 9 months ago.
Their furniture is still in the property and we want to sell.
Despite assurances from the estate agents that the contents will be cleared there appears to be no movement.
Can we sell the contents of our property to enable us to sell as vacant possession.
We have received no rent since the tenant died.
HI.

Thank you for your question . My name is Jo and I will try to help with this.

Does he have any family do you know?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

She has no direct family and the bulk of the estate has been left to numerous charities according to an unsigned will.

Apparently, according to the agents, they are awaiting probate.

Hello my name is Alex and I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply as this is not an ‘on demand’ live service, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return.

You need to post a notice on the front of the house that they have 28 days to claim the goods failing which you will sell them. After this period has expired and assuming no one comes forward then you can sell the goods but must keep the money in a separate account as this would belong to the estate. But ask the agent to post a notice on the door of the house and then you can do this.

Can I clarify anything for you? Alex